Thank you so much Ariana – The Quirky Book Nerd – for the nomination!
- Thank and Link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the seven questions the person who nominated you provided.
- Nominate seven other bloggers.
- Create seven new questions for the people you nominate
- Display the logo somewhere on your blog – only if you want to. It’s an award! (Found that rule on the creator’s original post)
- Who are a few of your favourite authors you discovered in 2015?
I had to refer to Goodreads to answer this question. I knew VE Schwab was going to be one of them, since she’s become one of my favourites since I read A Darker Shade Of Magic back in March. I read my fist J.R.R Tolkien book this year, The Hobbit, and now I really want to read the Lord of the Rings. Dawn Kurtagich had to be on this list after The Dead House became on of my favourite books. Along with Erika Johansen with The Queen of the Tearling. These are not all strictly my favourite authors, but they are my favourite authors of this year.
Review: The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich
2. What is your favourite hobby outside of reading?
Probably singing and listening to music. There’s been many a time when I put the music on full volume and sing along to my heart’s content 😀
3. What are two places, on fictional and one real, that you would like to travel to (or maybe live)?
Real place – I’d love to visit either France or Greece. Greece mainly because I love learning about Greek mythology and would love to see some of the places there.
Fictional – Well, besides the obvious answer of Hogwarts, I’ll go with…The Spring Court in Prythia from A Court of Thorns and Roses. It sounds stunning. Plus it’s in a magical kingdom.
4. What book/books do you think deserves more recognition?
I adore this book. Everyone needs to read it. It has so much magic and mystery to it. It’s amazing.
5. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
The ability to control the elements. The amount of things you could do if you could control water, fire, air and earth is endless.
6. What are your favourite songs/bands/artists to listen to?
I have such a varied taste in music. I listen to a lot of Disney songs. Little Mix. Christina Perri. Demi Lovato. Ed Sheeran. I’ve recently gotten into Fall Out Boy (that’s where the variation comes in).
My favourite songs at the moment are Lightning by Little Mix and Writing’s on the wall by Sam Smith (the James Bond Spectre theme).
7. What are some of your most anticipated book releases of 2016?
Where do I even start?
- Throne of Glass 5 by Sarah J Maas
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
- A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab
- The Song Rising by Samatha Shannon
- The Illustrated edition of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (if that’s actually released in 2016)
They’re the ones I can think of at the moment. There’s probably many more 🙂
Stephanie @ Adventures of a Bibliophile
Mariana @ Fireheartbooks
Mallory @ The Leaning Tower of Tomes
Olivia @ Heir of Glitter
Windie @ Geek Apprentice
Marian @ Bookception21
Giselle @ Hardwork Boulevard
- Who are your auto-buy authors? (Authors where you would buy any book they release)
- Which book-to-movie/TV adaptations you are looking forward to?
- What do you not like seeing on a book cover, and puts you off buying it?
- When you’re not reading, what else do you do in your spare time?
- Which fictional world would you NOT want to visit – at all?
- If you could be any character from a book, who would you be?
- What books do you hope to read before 2016?