I was tagged by quirky and peculiar to do this tag, so thank you very much!
This might take me a while to write. I mean, I’m bad at thinking of facts in the first place…but 25 – all about books?!? I’ll give it a go.
Hopefully you guys find this interesting, since I haven’t mentioned any facts for a while!
So here we go!
1. My favourite genre of book is Fantasy
2. I never usually like reading Contemporary, but for some reason lately that’s all I want to read. But since I don’t own any, I’m having to wait to read that.
3. I own 248 books
4. Approximately 81 of those books are just stacked wherever they’ll fit, because I’ve long since ran out of bookshelf space.
5. I always buy paperbacks. Even if it means waiting months for the next book in a series. No matter how badly I want to read it right away. I will wait for the paperback.
6. I am an absolute sucker for those free gifts you get for preordering books – if I’ve preordered a book and find out you can get free bookish merchandise, I’M ON IT. (I did this the other day with A Gatherin of Shadows)
7. I’m one of those readers that doesn’t want to write their own book.
8. Pretty much all of my social media is overrun by books. I think Twitter is the most personal, but my personal life is all about books so they’re mentioned a lot on there too.
9. When I go out, I always carry a book with me, even if I know it’s unlikely I’ll actually get to read at all. It’s become a sort of comfort to just know I have one with me.
10. I used to want to be a Booktuber, but wouldn’t have enough courage to stand in front of a camera talking. I also wouldn’t have the right equipment and only have a vague idea how to edit videos. I’ll stick to blogging.
11. I visit Waterstones nearly every single week. So much so that the staff have started recognizing me.
12. I can’t read a book from any sort of screen (e-readers/laptop) because it really messes with my eyes. I have to wear reading glasses anyway, but for some reason when I try to read a book on a screen, it just gives me really bad headache and my eyes don’t focus. I’ve never been able to actually finish a book on screen. I don’t think even those Kindle Paperwhite versions that have no glare work. Oh well, I prefer paperbacks anyway.
13. I pretty much always read in my bed, unless I’m out in public. I’m always cold so I want my duvet all the time.
14. I have quite a big collection of bookmarks and whenever I start a new book, I like choosing one that matches.
15. My favourite book-to-movie adaptation is the Harry Potter films. I know they aren’t accurate, and there’s quite a lot missed from them…BUT they’re the films I can watch endlessly without getting tired of them. And I’m not exactly a huge movie fan, I rarely watch them to be honest. But the Harry Potter films (and Disney films) I can watch over and over again.
16. I’ve always loved reading. I used to read a lot when I was little. I use to have a huge collction of Jacqueline Wilson books, Roald Dahl…you know the sort.
17. Linking with the last fact, I do actually still own a lot of the books I had from when I was younger. I gave away all my Jacqueline Wilson ones and others like that. But I still own the Harry Potter books (obviously, they’ve been my obsession since age eight), my Enid Blyton hardbacks, this gorgeous edition of the Peter Rabbit Collection, an edition of The Snow Queen (fairytale) that was given to me as a gift by my Nan – which I didn’t actually know was the book Disney’s Frozen was inspired by until recently – my Narnia books, and all the books in the A Series Of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket.
18. Amazon is a very dangerous place for me to look through now that I have my own bank card. Especially when I can get free delivery on book orders over £10.00.
19. I only ever read one book at a time. When I used to study English Literature and had to read classics, I would often read that along with another book of my choice, but it just wouldn’t work for me. I’d end up starting both, finishing one, then starting the other again. The only time I read 2 books at a time is when I’m reading a HUGE book, and I’ll take an hour out to read a graphic novel for a bit of a break.
20. My copy of the Illustrated Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone is one of my most prized possessions and I plan on collecting all of them.
21. One of my life goals is to have at least one wall of books in my future house.
22. There’s a really stunning edition of the Grimm’s Fairy Tales that I keep eyeing up but it’s so expensive…but I know I’ll get it one day.
23. I’m trying to build up my graphic novel collection but it bothers me that they’re more expensive than normal books when I’ll finish it within an hour. I do understand why they’re expensive though.
24. I’m always absolutely thrilled when people buy me books as gifts.
25. If there’s a day where I don’t get to read, I feel off balance and wrong.
Well that was a pretty long post!
Hope you guys found it interesting!
Were there any facts you found particularly interesting? Any you can relate to? Any you find a little odd? (Don’t worry – I’ll not get offended by that haha!)
Or maybe there’s a question you want to ask about one of the facts?
Let me know in the comments!
Come and visit me!