Here we are, the age old question.
I’m sure this is the argument that we bookworms talk about all the time. Whether it be with each other, or debating in our own minds whether we want to reread a book or not, this argument seems to go on and on and on.
But today I’m going to help with that. Because why not?
So….Rereading books – yay or nae?
I feel like my mind set about this question has changed so much this year. I never used to reread books, and yet over the past few months, I’ve reread…five? I think? I’m not entirely sure, but there’s at least five since December. And I’m currently in the process of rereading the entire Harry Potter series (I’m starting Chamber of Secrets when I finish the book I’m on).
I used to think rereading books would be a waste of time, when there’s so many books I’ve not yet read. And to be honest, I do still have that mind set. Whenever I reread a book, I look guiltily over at my TBR, waiting for the day I eventually get round to them.
But for some reason, I’ve become more lenient with myself lately. I mean, most of the time I reread books because I left the series for too long and need to remember what happened before I finally continue. But still.
So what’re the arguments for both?
Yay! Let’s reread all those beautiful books!
– NOSTALGIA. We all love that feeling of returning to a well loved book.
– Need to remind yourself of what happened before continuing the series, like I do? A reread’s got you covered.
– Maybe you’re just in the mood for that particular book.
– New release for the next book. Can’t wait? Revisit the one before out of pure excitement.
Nae…Ew no I’m not rereading
– All those beautiful new shiny books that are just waiting to be devoured.
– Already read it before, what’s the point?
– Does it count? I mean, if I’ve already read it…does it count on my reading challenge since it’s already been read?
– Takes up too much time considering you’ve already read it before
Well, while I’m still hesitant about rereading books, and only will if I need to or really really want to…I’ve come to accept it now. Yes, it does count on my Goodreads Challenge if I delete my previous rating and set it to “currently reading” again.
Plus, I like to think of it this way – I’m going to be rereading Chamber of Secrets soon. Because I read the Harry Potter series when I was really young, those books don’t have reviews from me, just a rating. But now that I’m rereading them, they’ll get reviews. That’s got to be a bonus, right?
I do think through rereading books a lot before I decide to, purely because of the amount of other books I own that I haven’t read yet, but sometimes, you just need to revisit the books you love.
Join the discussion!
What do you think about rereading books? Are you side yay or nae?
Do you reread?
Have you reread any books this year so far? Which ones?
Do you plan on rereading any books this year? Which?
Let me know in the comments!
Until next time…
Come and visit me!